A Full of Year of Health & Fitness Tips and Activities

Make 2011 a year of healthy habits and a better lifestyle. Take the opportunity to try new sports, workouts or other activities. Make new goals and set a plan in place to achieve them. Find tips for living a healthier lifestyle. Join me to make 2011 your best year yet!!!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 11 - Unplugged!


My friend June does a wonderful thing at her house. She incorporates a "no technology" day once a week. I think that is great! Now don't get me wrong, I'm the first to say how wonderful my droid and my laptop are. Let's face it, without technology you wouldn't be reading my words now - probably. But I do think we need to take a break from time to time. I used to have a big problem "unplugging." Especially with starting my fitness business. I felt like I should be available 24-7; and I was. Between email, texts, facebook and twitter I was available to everyone all the time. I'm still very accessible but I do take my moments to unplug and take time to be quiet.

Try it! Take a day and don't turn on the television, computer, cell phone, radio or anything that connects you to the world electronically. It is a tough thing to do at first but then it is so freeing.

Let me know what happens! Please post your experience with being "unplugged."

No comments:

Post a Comment